In this article, we’ll dive into the five must-have design features for your backyard pool. Whether you’re revamping your existing space or building a new pool from scratch, these design elements will elevate your pool experience and make your outdoor oasis truly exceptional. So, stick around until the end because my favorite feature is a game-changer. And if you’re new here, welcome! I’m all about helping you make your move to Arizona as smooth as possible, so don’t forget to comment on this article!
- Baja Shelf – Your Ultimate Chill Zone Let’s kick things off with the Baja Shelf, a game-changing addition to your pool. This six-inch deep, shallow ledge is perfect for lounging, relaxing, and even letting your little ones enjoy a safe dip in the water. Trust me, you’ll want the shallow version; the deeper ones just don’t compare. Before you commit, try one out for yourself to see the difference it makes.
- Smart Umbrella Placement – Stay Cool and Comfortable Umbrellas can make or break your poolside experience, so choose their placement wisely. You’ll want to shield yourself from the sun’s rays without any awkward overlap. Think about where you’ll be sitting and how the sun moves during the day. Plan accordingly to maximize your shade and comfort.
- Modern Slide – Fun for All Ages Let’s talk about adding some excitement to your pool design. Forget traditional water features; go for a modern slide that adds a sleek and contemporary touch to your pool area. Not only is it visually striking, but it’s also a hit with both kids and adults. When guests see your modern slide, they’ll be wowed by your pool’s cool factor.
- Graduated Depth – Safe and Versatile When it comes to pool depth, it’s all about balance. Avoid the mistake of having a pool that’s too deep or too shallow. Instead, opt for a pool with a gradual depth, starting at a shallow end and getting deeper in the middle before becoming shallower again. This way, every section of your pool is usable and safe, making it perfect for play.
- Hot Tub (or Spa) – Year-Round Luxury Last but not least, don’t forget to include a hot tub or spa in your pool design. It’s a fantastic addition that you’ll appreciate year-round, especially during chilly winter nights. Soak in the warm water, enjoy the ambiance of poolside lighting, and even try a bit of cold plunging for a unique experience.
There you have it, folks – the five must-have design features for your backyard pool. While you might not have the budget for all of them, consider prioritizing these features based on your preferences and needs. And if you have any questions or need recommendations, feel free to reach out to me. I can connect you with a top-notch pool builder who did a fantastic job with our pool, ensuring great customer service even years later. So, don’t make the mistake of missing out on these essential pool features. Dive in and create the ultimate outdoor paradise! Stay tuned for my upcoming article and video on the cost of my backyard transformation, and as always, I’m here to help with any inquiries you may have.